Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
This thing called love, I just can't handle it
This thing called love, I must get around it
I ain't ready
Crazy little thing called love
This thing called love, It cries like a baby
In a cradle all night
It swings, it jives
It shakes all over like a jellyfish
I kinda like it
Crazy little thing called love
There goes my baby
She knows how to rock 'n' roll
She drives me crazy
She gives me hot and cold fever
Then she leaves me in a cool, cool, sweat
Alphaville - Forever Young
Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while
Heaven can wait, we're only watching the skies
Hoping for the best but expecting the worst
Are you going to drop the bomb or not
Let us die young or let us live forever
We don't have the power but we never say never
Sitting in a sandpit, life is a short trip
The music's for the sad men
Can you imagine when this race is won
Turn our golden faces into the sun
Praising our leaders, we're getting in tune
The music's played by the madmen
I was inspired by a line in the second lyrics: "this race is won". I used pics of my son winning the gold medal in a race between several schools in our district. I used a lot of black inking on this LO, I inked every piece of paper and even the edges of the pics.
I used his medal as the center of one of the flowers, and the ribbon of his medal as the stems.
For the title work, I drew white and black lines to highlight the title and to create a shadow effect. This is really pretty in real life!
And I wanted to show you this one last thing. I punched the holes for a stitched frame around the whole of my LO, but while stitching, I left open some of the holes. I first saw this done by Jenneke (thanks for the inspiration Jenneke!!!!), and I looooove the look of this. I promise you, it's even better in real life!
I don't find it easy to scrap pics of my son ... typical boys' LO's are difficult I think, which for me is kind of strange, because I never make typical girly LO's anyway ... you'd think I'd have less problems with this. However, I do, so if anyone knows some tips to create really cool boys' LO's, please let me know!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now onto some other fun things: The one and only Jocelyn, yep, the one we all love and adore, tagged me with this award a while ago:
I'm supposed to share 10 things with you that you probably don't know yet, so here goes:
- I am an only child, a fact I'm not too thrilled about. I used to wish for a brother or sister for christmas, and I'm still not all that happy my wish was never granted.
- Unlike Jocelyn, I don't mind standing in line all that much, though I am one impatient lady. The thing I hate about it though is that I always seem to be standing in the wrong line, mine always seems to be moving the slowest, or even not at all. I mean it, if you see me standing in line, don't go standing behind me LOL.
- I'm shy, very much so. I know, I've shared this info before and for you who follow my blog this isn't a new thing, but it is something that even people who know me don't suspect of me (I'm great at hiding it, I have a big mouth), so it should be on this list.
- I didn't get to have a best friend until I was over my thirties. I used to feel jealous whenever I saw an episode of "Friends" or "Sex and the City", I felt I was missing out by not having friends like that! I never thought I would experience such a friendship, you know, where you can tell each other every little detail of your thoughts and feelings. I know have not one but two best friends, and I love them dearly. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them, and I know they feel the same way.
- I'm a cocooner. Even on the rare occasion that the kids aren't home, I don't mind it one bit if we don't go out. I love just hanging on the couch with my hubby, enjoying the peace and quiet and each other.
- Though I am an only child, I don't value material things all that much. Of course there are things I would love to have and having more money sure would make my life easier, but there are other things in life I value more.
- I fall asleep on the couch almost every night, and only go to bed if I wake up in the middle of the night. This habit came to be because I hate going to bed in winter time, I can't stand those cold sheets. Luckily I have my hubby to keep me warm, he's one of those people who never get cold..., but whenever I go to sleep before he does, you'll find me (snoring) on the couch.
- I'm a bad loser LOL. This is something my parents never could get out of me. I still don't like to lose, though I'm able to hide this fact a bit better than I used to when I was younger. My son is the same way, and I now see it's not an endearing quality. I do so understand how he feels though.
- I love to sing, especially when I'm driving. As soon as I get in the car, I put on the radio or my favorite CD and I start singing along. Although this must drive my hubby crazy (I didn't say I was a good singer!!!), he has never once made a remark about this. Love seems to be not only blind but deaf as well LOL.
- I talk too much, but I guess that won't come as a surprise to any of you LOL.
Come on my friends, tell us some things that might surprise us and grab that award!
Well, that's it for now ... I still have a mini-album and an altered project to share, but I have to sort out my pics first, so I'll leave that for another time.
As always my friends, thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comments, I so appreciate them and I love to read them. I feel so lucky to have met you all through this wonderful hobby of ours!
mwa xxx Peggy