Monday, November 9, 2009

KREATORVILLE KRAFTS...

... has gone live!!!!! My sweet friend Keandra, aka the boss lady, tells you all about her awesome new kit club and etsy shop here ... go check it out and give her some love!!! Starting up a new business is a big deal, and she can use all the support we have to give.

I do have a more selfish reason to direct you to the Kreatorville Krafts site ... I already told you I would be creating for her, but I haven't mentioned yet that my youngest daughter Christina will be creating for her as well !!! She's one of the kid kreators (oh yes, we have kid kreators ... how unique is that!!!!), and Keandra (bless her!) just dedicated an entire post to her and her first LO for Kreatorville Krafts. If you want to see the entire LO ... click here! Haha, just trying to make you curious enough to go and visit the Kreatorville Krafts blog. Still, Christina (who's tucked in and sleeping like a baby already) would never forgive me if I didn't put at least some pics on my own blog, so I will give you some sneak peeks just to make my girl happy and to hopefully get you curious enough to click here (well, if you haven't found the link by now ... I give up!!!)


Keandra told me to let her be, to let her do her own thing (yeah, she knows me quite good by now) ... so I did, but I couldn't resist giving her some advice every now and then. She listened, I can say that much ... she listened as I gave her some options, and then she did her own thing LOL. She didn't like the circles on the sketch, so she wanted to make flowers ... so I showed her a few ways to make the flowers. I asked her if she wanted them clean or distressed, inked or not. So she asked me to show her the difference. I made one flower of each, she chose to distress and ink, tossed my example in the bin and started on her own flowers ... without asking me once to show it to her again. I asked her if she didn't think the flowers were too close together (because, well, I thought they were...), she said no, and that was the end of it LOL. Same thing with the journaling ... she was a bit unsure about writing english directly on the paper, so I suggested she'd use strips. She wanted red, not the colour I would have chosen, but again red it was supposed to be LOL. I told her she would get more contrast by inking the strips, and again she asked me to show her the difference. I was pushing her a bit to use black, but again ... red was what she had in mind, and red it was gonna be. She did like the inked strips better, so without thinking about the extra work, she started inking. Oh, and see that part of her name ... she stitched the entire thing! She even puts the floss into the eye of the needle herself! I'm so proud of her ... she's so wonderful to scrap with ... she listenes when I explain different techniques to her, but she has her own mind as well, and wants things done her way. She has a vision in her mind and she stays true to it ... I can direct her in a certain direction, but only if she lets me ... how wonderful strong minded is that for a seven year old. Oh, I should mention ... Christina takes after my side of the family LOL. I should also mention (for the sake of keeping the peace in my family and not let jealousy take over ...) that Chloë as well is working really hard on her LO (though she's not on the team) ... she's actually stitching the entire sketch LOL. That girl shouldn't be scrapping, she should be embroidering LOL. Her birthday's coming up, and I'm planning on buying her her own little embroidery piece ... she'll love that!

Keep checking the Kreatorville Krafts blog ladies, there's much more awesomeness on the way (and Christina would be stoked if she were to get some comments .... begging here ladies, put a smile on my baby's face ... please?) LOL.

Love to you and yours
xxx Peggy

11 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is sooooooooooooooooooo exciting!!!! u and christina will make an AMAZING addition to this team!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the sneak and love love love that stitching!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey peggy, just wanted to drop in and say how much I love your work. Its so inspiring. Makes me want to be more daring !!!! Going over tpo Kreatorville to check out the kits.
    keep happy chicky xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That smile should be on her face ALL DAY LONG if she knew how I was in ooooooohhhhhhh and aaaaahhhhh

    Zeg haar, dat ik zoiets moois en knaps nog niet eerder gezien heb van zo'n jongedame... dat ze helemaal haar eigen stijl heeft en dat die fantastisch is, dat ik vol bewondering ben... en dat ik niet alleen hoop haar mamma eens te ontmoeten, maar ook haar...!!!

    (and Peggy - be PROUD!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wows how great is that!! It is so fun to have the kids involved! Love this! tfs;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peggy!!!

    I want to say congrats to you and Christina!!!
    wow...I am off to check out the kit club but wanted to leave you both some love!!!

    I found it so funny when you blogged about how you'd offer suggestions and she'd do as she pleased, anyways. sounds like one of my terrors. :)

    Big huge congrats, once again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! What a fun place! I'm off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like Christina is just like her mamma!!
    Why am I not surprised at her level of creativity as such a young age! Ooooh congrats to you both!! And WHAT a FUN etsy!!!

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with this wonderful opportunity!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. o0o0o0...!! congrats to you and christina!! off to check it out!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat geweldig zeg, moeder en dochter allebei in het DT!! En wat is die layout van Christina gaaf zeg!! Zo grappig te lezen hoe die tot stand is gekomen, met alle tips van mama. Ik weet hoe het werkt, adviezen worden niet altijd ten harte genomen, hihi..

    Ben zooooo benieuwd naar jouw layouts EN naar de kits van Keandra! ;-)

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  10. ummm, i don't think you left the link enough times!!! LOL!!! my niece is so talented that she needs her own post...you're pretty good, too!!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, kid kreators, that sounds SO cool! you've definitely piqued my curiousity - i'm off to check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete